- Donald Trump denied claims that Melania Trump won’t return to the White House if he runs and wins in 2024.
- Trump called reports that his wife had no interest in being first lady again “fake news.”
- Trump has repeatedly teased but not made an official announcement on whether he will run in 2024.
Former President Donald Trump has called reports that former First Lady Melania Trump would resist returning to the White House in 2024 “fake news.”
While Trump has not officially confirmed that he will run for president again, he said on Thursday that it was untrue that Melania would not return to Washington D.C. if he were to win. Trump was responding to a question from “Fox & Friends” host Brian Kilmeade, who asked him about reports that his wife said she would not return to Washington.
“Is it true that the former First Lady Melania Trump has told you: ‘I’m not going back if you run again?'” Kilmeade asked Trump.
“No, that’s not true,” Trump said. “More fake news.”
“She was a great first lady, she did a great job. She loves the people, they love her,” Trump added. “I see how they love her.”
CNN reported this September that Melania Trump was actively attempting to avoid the spotlight. An anonymous source told CNN that she sees her life in the White House as being “over.”
“You’re not going to see her at rallies or campaign events, even if he ‘officially’ says he’s running again,” another anonymous source told CNN, adding that personalities like Lara Trump and Kimberly Guilfoyle have the “urge” for a 2024 Trump presidential run that Melania “absolutely does not.”
Trump has continued to tease a 2024 run, though he has not made an official announcement. Speaking to former conservative politician turned media personality Nigel Farage in an interview broadcast on Wednesday, Trump said of a potential presidential run: “If you love the country, you have no choice.”
Meanwhile, the former president continues to push baseless claims of voter fraud, despite there being no evidence of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 election.
He pushed the same voter-fraud claims during a close to 40-minute long interview with MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell last month, where he expressed approval of the latter’s plan to melt down Dominion voting machines and turn them into prison bars.